It’s well-known that Bourbon comes from corn—but there’s a bit more to it. While federal law requires this American-made whiskey to include at least 51 percent corn, the remaining 49 percent is up to distillers to decide. Whisky Advocate executive editor Jeffery Lindenmuth reviews over a dozen Bourbons and writes about the myriad of decisions that lead to their final flavor signature. Find out which grains make it into each mix!
From the Nov 30, 2020, issue
Free Wine Spectator Email Newsletters
Sign Up for Wine Spectator’s Free Email Newsletters and stay up-to-date with all things wine.Explore Newsletters